Meter Readers – Crawley & surrounds, Sussex/Surrey
We are currently recruiting Meter Readers to join us in Crawley and the surrounding areas in Sussex/Surrey.
As a Meter Reader, you will be the face of our client who represents a number of the major energy suppliers, visiting residential and commercial premises on a daily basis to check their gas and electricity readings. You will play a key role in helping customers control the energy they use; you will work independently to deliver fantastic customer service.
• Full-time roles – you must be able to commit to 37 hours per week worked flexibly between the hours of 8am – 8pm (Monday – Friday) and 8am – 6pm (Saturday & Sunday). Early mornings and late evenings are essential for this role.
• This role is reasonably active and you will need to expect to walk a few miles a day
• Full driving license, valid for use within the UK with no more than 6 points
• Access to your own car that you are happy to use and insure for business use
• A love of the great outdoors – you will be working in all weathers
• You will need to be an organised person who can work to targets
• Computer literacy in order to use our client’s equipment
• You will need a 5-year checkable history and be happy for us to complete a criminal record check – this role requires a strict vetting process as you will be entering peoples’ homes
What we’ll offer you
• £9.02 per hour plus a performance-related bonus, which is completely uncapped
• 35p per business mile, this can be claimed from home back to home
• Full training
• Workplace pension
• This will be a long term opportunity with possibilities of career progression within our client’s business